Warren County’s history in pictures
This Tidioute grocery store was opened in 1852 by a Mr. Ayer. In 1866, Julius Bourquin began working there as a store clerk at seventeen years old. He eventually purchased the store and ran it until it closed in 1926. Many of the Bourquin Store’s artifacts were moved to the Warren County Historical Society in 1967 (the same year this photo was taken) where they are still on display in an upstairs exhibit room. This image is courtesy of the Warren County Historical Society. For more information, visit www.warrenhistory.org and like the Warren County Historical Society on Facebook.