Old Suspension Bridge
Old suspension bridge and new bridge. Soldiers and Sailors Monument is shown wedged between two former bridges located at Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue in Warren in 1919. Downtown Warren’s original suspension bridge is pictured on the left next to its replacement. Constructed in 1871, the suspension bridge was a toll bridge for many years, with charges ranging from 25 cents for a four horse carriage to 2 cents for a pedestrian. In 1918, construction began on the new bridge on the right of the photo. That bridge was replaced by the current bridge in 2005. This image is courtesy of the Warren County Historical Society. For more information, visit www.warrenhistory.org and like the Warren County Historical Society on Facebook.